APEA-AFT LEGAL SERVICES BENEFIT
Members have $2,000 for covered legal services each Plan year
(July 1 – June 30).
The APEA-AFT Legal Trust Fund will pay attorney fees for most matters of a personal nature are covered such as wills, family matters and real estate transactions involving your residence.
This benefit is available to you if you are in one of the following bargaining units:
- State Supervisory Unit
- Juneau Mental Health Professionals
- Confidential Employees Association
- AHECTE, Local 6070
- Nome Joint Utilities Employees Association
- Fairbanks North Star Borough Employees Association
- Valdez Federation of Teachers
- Juneau Education Support Staff
- APEA-AFT Staff
TO USE YOUR BENEFIT
- Select an attorney. Attorneys listed on our web site have agreed to restrict their fees. Other attorneys may charge a higher rate and will be partially reimbursed by the Plan, with the member responsible for the balance.
- Fill out the User Agreement. At your first appointment, give the attorney your Legal Services Benefit User Agreement and a blank Case Description form. Print the forms from our website, https://apea-aftLegalTrust.org. You may also request the forms from the administrative office.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Your attorney will send the invoice, case description and your user agreement to the APEA-AFT Legal Trust office.
- The Trust administrator pays the attorney and sends a check stub to the member.
The Plan Booklet gives a more complete explanation of the Legal Trust. You may print it from our website or request a copy from the Plan Administrator. We are here to help you use your legal service benefit.
APEA-AFT LEGAL TRUST FUND
211 4th Street, Suite 306
Juneau, AK 99801
Phone: (907) 586-9855
Fax: (907) 586-5905
Toll free: (800) 478-9991