APEA-AFT LEGAL SERVICES BENEFIT
The APEA-AFT Legal Trust Fund will pay attorney fees for eligible expenses. Most matters of a personal nature are covered such as wills, family matters and real estate transactions. The current benefit is $2,000 per fiscal year.
This benefit is available to you if you are in one of the following bargaining units:
- State Supervisory Unit
- Juneau Mental Health Professionals
- Confidential Employees Association
- Kenai Borough Employees Association
- AHECTE, Local 6070
- Nome Joint Utilities Employees Association
- Fairbanks North Star Borough Employees Association
- Valdez Federation of Teachers
- Juneau Education Support Staff
- APEA-AFT Staff
TO USE YOUR BENEFIT
- Select an attorney. Attorneys listed on our web site have agreed to restrict their fees for our members and will be fully reimbursed up to your maximum benefit. Other attorneys may charge a higher rate and will be partially reimbursed by the Plan, with the member responsible for the balance.
- Fill out the Member Agreement. At your first appointment, give the attorney your member agreement and a blank case description Print the forms from our web site, www.apea-aftLegalTrust.org. You may also request the forms from the administrative office.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Your attorney will send the invoice, case description and your member agreement to the APEA-AFT Legal Trust office.
- The Trust administrator pays the attorney and sends a check stub to the member.
The Plan Booklet gives a more complete explanation of the Legal Trust. Read it on our website: www.apea-aftLegalTrust.org. If you would like a paper copy, please contact the plan administrator. We are here to help you use your benefit.
APEA-AFT LEGAL TRUST FUND
211 4th Street, Suite 306
Juneau, AK 99801
Phone: (907) 586-9855
Fax: (907) 586-5905
Toll free: (800) 478-9991